Are you challenged with the feeling of not being good enough? Do you have team members in your dental office that may feel this way? As an owner or employee of a dental practice, it is key to case acceptance and a positive patient experince that everybody feels appreciated and knows their worth.
As the owner are you demonstrating this?
This is said to be one of the more powerful topics we’ll touch on, the content and video example in this show will make you more aware of how we allow others to question our self-worth.
The TV shows starts with a video of a 7th grader giving a speech on “Why am I not good enough?”. She details the things she does in a day to feel good enough:
- Take a shower – you don’t want to smell
- Pick out an outfit that applies to the latest trends and won’t make you a laughing stock of the school – more than you already are
- Put some makeup on so you can show your face in public
- Style your hair with curls so others can’t see your real hair
- Shove your feet into the uncomfortable shoes everybody else is wearing – you can’t be the odd man out
- Even though your outfit is uncomfortable, and you have spent hours getting ready, you will never be as good as those other girls in school
- You cannot show emotions or they will not respect you like they used to
- Find a group of kids to walk into school with because you can’t walk alone
- The popular kids are the royalty of the school and what they say goes
- You take every word, glance, review personally and your self-esteems plummets
- It is not popular to be smart
The TV shows brings us all back to that point when we don’t feel good enough. How many of us are still living these thoughts every day?
Brene Brown states that we have the most addictive society than ever before. It isn’t the drugs, facebook, alcohol, etc. that we are addicted to but trying to avoid reality. When we numb ourselves, we are numbing the good as well as the bad. In order for others to love us we have to love ourselves first. We have to train our brains to look for the positive and not the negative; at what makes us awesome.
In closing, remember:
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people, don’t let 1 ruin your day